Friday 19 August 2011

I need a title (yes I wrote this here on purpose)

It's Friday night and life's good.  Despite having ridiculously vivid and anxious stressful dreams last night (what else is new), it is a great day.  I've got the weekend ahead of me, I'm lounging at home with a glass of wine (ok maybe it's my second), and it's still warm outside.  It's been a busy week yet again.  I have a lot to organize before I head to LA.  It finally hit me just a little that I am actually going to be a yoga teacher (insert idiot grin on my face HERE).

I had an appointment with my bank today and was approved for a line of credit on the spot.  Hurrah! No more stress about money for TT! I also have an 'anonymous' backer for the financial aspect of Teacher Training.  I use quotation marks because they are not anonymous at all and we are genetically related but I won't reveal their identity here for privacy purposes.  If you are reading this my 'anonymous' friend, I love you and I am so thankful for your help! 

I went up-island this past weekend to visit my family and had a great time.  Had some good laughs with my family and some needed rest and sleep.  I went on a four hour long horseback ride with my mom and our family friend.  For those who don't know, I've been riding off and on since I was about 11 and I loooove horses.  It was a lot of fun and we saw some beautiful scenery right in our own backyard.  Horseback riding (especially at the fast pace we were going at times) is actually quite physically demanding.  Most people don't know that and think it is just a leisurely activity where the horse does all the work.  Nope.  The pain my body was in the next day, and the day after that, and the day after THAT, prove that it is a workout! Returning to yoga with such muscle pain was kind of humbling.  It was frustrating for me because I couldn't get anywhere near the depth in most postures as I usually can.  My muscles were simply too tight and too torn up.  That is what muscle pain is after a workout; your muscles tear microscopically which creates the pain you feel and leads to building of stronger muscle after they heal.

I feel like it was the perfect practice for being at teacher training.  Taking eleven 90 minute Bikram yoga classes per week on minimal sleep is going to take a toll on my body.  I will probably experience fatigue like I have never imagined and who knows what is going to happen inside my body.  I know that I am going to have the worst yoga class of my life and the best yoga class of my life while I am at TT.  I am excited for all of this.  I am looking forward to the good and the bad in the 9 weeks while I am in LA.  I have changed a lot over the past 8 years or so and I now think of myself as able to do anything when before I just felt lost and confused.  Life has so far lead me to this and without a doubt I know this is what I am supposed to be doing.  "Nothing that's worth it is ever easy" and this will certainly be a perfect example of that!

PS. I am disappointed none of you could 'name that movie' from my last blog post... No Googling allowed though...

No comments:

Post a Comment