Today we rented a car, a brand new black Ford Escape, and navigated our way through the streets of LA. I drove and Kimiko (my roomie) used my GPS. Thank you, thank you Grandma for the GPS because it totally saved us today! We made it to Costco, Whole Foods and Target and back to the hotel no problem! LA driving is fun. Some Real Housewife of Something or Other almost hit us but due to my stellar driving skills we successfully avoided collision. Some cops stopped traffic right in front of us and we hoped we were about to see an arrest but alas it was a short lived traffic stop and ended more uneventfully than we had hoped. We are just finishing up getting our room set up and organized. It has been a long day but our room is looking great and we have SO much food. We are both vegetarians and accidentally bought a flat of beans with bacon in them. Oops. I'm sure we can find someone who will eat them.
Rapid fire things you may be interested to know:
- I love Whole Foods, I love Target, I love my new car that I am pretending is mine although we have to return it in the morning.
- People watching here is hilarious.
- The staff at this hotel are absolutely amazing. We have had the greatest customer service from all of them and I am very grateful.
- Kimiko and I are so very Canadian.
- Today I tried on not only pants but also a bra over my clothes and decided that that was a good assessment that they were the right size so I purchased them. (They do fit, FYI).
One last thing before we part:
Kimiko and I met up quickly in the airport in Vancouver and decided to take some "Before" pictures to compare our progress through TT. Here are the results.
|Balancing Stick. Total broken umbrella, not at all a T as in Tom... Keep trying Kimiko... Maybe next time.|
|Standing Head to Knee. Well clearly we've got some work to do here. Knee is NOT locked and the head is no where near the knee... Don't even get me started on the facial expression.|